School Innovation and Improvement Plan (SIIP)
Outcome goals for this academic year
Kristen Rucinski, Principal
Area of SIIP : Reading
Measurable Outcome | Goal: By Spring 2024, 75% of K-3rd grade students will meet their benchmark as measured by the iReady reading assessment.
- Strategy 1: Expand use of conversation structures to increase academic talk and build relationships among students.
- Strategy 2: Expand use of skills-based grouping to ensure students demonstrate mastery of foundational skills.
Area of SIIP : Math
Measurable Outcome | Goal: By June 2024, the unadjusted pass rate for students with disabilities in grades 3-6 will increase by at least five percentage points as measured by the SOL assessment
- Strategy 1: Use conversation structures to increase academic talk between students
- Strategy 2: Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for engaging & Student- Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Strategy 3; Increase students’ self-efficacy around the ability to be successful in mathematics.
Area of SIIP : Chronic Absenteeism
Measurable Outcome | Goal: BY the end of the 2023-2024 schoolyear, no more than 14% of our students will be chronically absent according to the database.
- Strategy 1: Strengthen school team practices to monitor attendance data and determine need for intervention and additional support.
- Strategy 2: Strengthening messaging to staff, students and families around attendance to school. Each stakeholder should be able to understand how daily attendance matters, not only for academic success, but because school offers an opportunity to develop social and emotional skills such as listening, paying attention, problem-solving and self-regulation, all which are needed to grow and learn.